Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pretty Darn Good Bacon Bbq Basil Shrimp

We decided to try another paleo friendly recipe tonight (but i added a tiny bit of non-paleo bbq sauce, which is optional if you're more well behaved than i am or less bbq obsessed). I also used a bt of parmesan cheese, which didn't actually enhance the recipe in my opinion so it could also be taken out. My hubby is RAVING about this dinner so I thought I would share. This recipe took about an hour to be ready (there is some wait time), so it's not a quick & easy one but it was so good, it may be worth making every so often.  As I type this, the husband is sitting across the room saying over and over again, "that was AMAZING!"  haha.


Pretty Darn Good Bacon Bbq Basil Shrimp


You will need:


  • 1 lb Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined (I left the tails on this time but I think I will take them off next time I make this)
  • Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (1/4 cup)- this can be eliminated if you want to for paleo
  • Thinly sliced bacon (16 pieces or 1 package)
  • Dried Basil (1 tbsp)
  • Garlic, minced (2 cloves)
  • Olive oil or other paleo approved oil (3 tbsp)
  • Bbq sauce (1/2 cup)- this is optional




 What to do:

First, combine the Parmesan, oil, and garlic in a bowl & mix together. 

Place shrimp into the marinate & let sit for 30 minutes. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook the bacon a little bit until it's partially cooked, about 3-5 minutes over medium heat & place on paper towels to drain.

Wrap marinated shrimp with bacon. Depending on the size of your shrimp,you may want to cut bacon slices in halves or thirds (we did it in halves). Place bacon wrapped marinated shrimp on greased baking sheet.


Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes. If you decide to add the Bbq sauce, take the cookie sheet out now  & brush Bbq sauce over shrimp and bake for another 2 to 4 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Autumn! I made the bacon wrapped shrimp recipe you posted. I had to use scallops instead of shrimp, but it was SO good. Im always looking for new paleo meals. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete