Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cave Girl Lemony Pineapple Chicken

In an effort to improve our energy levels, moods, and  overall health, my hubby and I have decided to try out the Paleo lifestyle. The basic idea is that you only eat foods that you could've found if you lived in the Paleolithic age. This site contains some very basic info about the lifestyle, if you're interested-  Intro to Paleo

Tonight, I made my 1st Paleo friendly dinner and it was very good! 

Cave Girl Lemony Pineapple Chicken

Ingredients:


  • 1 can sliced pineapple (I used a 20 ounce can)
  • 1 garlic clove, pressed
  • Cornstarch (1 tbsp)
  • Worcestershire sauce (2 tsp)
  • Dijon Mustard (2 tsp)
  • 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5-6 ounce)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

First, you make the sauce. Drain the pineapple juice from the can into a small mixing bowl and add the garlic, cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard. Mix together. 

Next, you arrange the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish (9 x 13 worked very well) and pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.



Bake for about 25 minutes (depending on thickness of your chicken breasts).

Then, you arrange the lemon slices and pineapple slices on top of the chicken breasts and baste with the sauce in dish. 



Bake for another 5-7 minutes and you're done! Enjoy!









7 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Easy,healthy and lots of flavor. Can't wait to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Let me know what you think when you try it :)

      Delete
    2. I made this for dinner tonight...WOW!! Lots of flavor and no guilt! I will definitely make this again :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! Two of my favorite flavors in one dish! I have alllll the ingredients at home so I think we shall try this with tofu sometime this week! I think it would be amazing with asparagus -- what did you serve it with, if anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i served it with broccoli but i bet you're right, asparagus sounds amazing!

      Delete
  3. Very interesting never heard of this diet. I think I may try your recipe. Im assuming all the food u use is organic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of it is organic but i don't just buy crap because it says "organic" on it. i find that a lot of food that says "natural" or "pure" or "organic" on it is all a lie. i just read the ingredients to see if it has anything in it that i don't eat.

      Delete