Monday, June 11, 2012

Paleo Pure Pumpkin Bread !

After another day spent aimlessly wandering the aisles at Rollin' Oats, I decided to take my first shot at a Paleo friendly bread. I was thinking about a banana nut bread or a cinnamon pumpkin bread and decided to try the pumpkin first and the banana next week. I think this bread could also be good with other sorts of roasted squash. Here goes!

You will need:

  • Raw Honey (2 tbsp)
  • Pure Pumpkin or Roasted Pumpkin (1/2 cup)
  • Stevia (1/4 tsp)
  • Eggs (3)
  • Cloves (1/2 tsp)
  • Cinnamon (1 tbsp)
  • Nutmeg (1 tsp)
  • Almond Flour (1 cup)
  • Sea Salt (1/4 tsp)
  • Baking Soda (1/2 tsp)
There are only 2 steps for this one! 

First, mix all ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 2 minutes. 

Next, pour batter into small loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Let it cool for 1 hour & it's ready!

I think the loaf pan I used was too big so my bread didn't "rise" as much as it could have but it was still awesome!!!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! I love pumkin bread. It's nice to know that you don't have to sacrifice it while eating paleo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks yummy!!! When i'm back to adding nuts into my diet i might have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ingredient list doesn't include pumpkin...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness! yes, it should have 1/2 cup pumpkin. oops!

      Delete