Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fan- freakin- tastic Ooey Gooey Paleo Fudge Cupcake Brownie thingies

Today was a stressful, ridiculous day. It was one of those days when you want to burst into tears the minute you walk through your door after work. I know we've all had those days. If you're anything like me, stress or crying makes you crave chocolate.

After only 8 months of marriage, my husband has already gotten really good at this game.
Me: "Everything is terrible!"
Handsome Hubby: "You need some chocolate, don't you? Let's go get you some."

This time, I decided to attempt some Paleo friendly brownies, thanks to Juli from paleomg for the idea. We had all these ingredients from last week's aimless wandering around the organic store while I was on vacation so this worked out perfectly.
Yes, they look like little nuggets of poo. BE NOT AFRAID! They taste like little bites of heaven!

In my desperate moments trying to create some stress relief chocolaty goodness, I forgot to take step by step photos. Sorry.

Here's what you'll need: 
 
- 1 1/2 cup dried figs (any stems removed)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt

Here's what you do:

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Next, put figs in food processor and puree until they have broken down evenly. Add your melted coconut oil to the processor to mix with the figs. Next, add your melted chocolate chips and eggs and mix. Now add your coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix together.
I cooked mine in a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. I’m not sure what they would be like if you baked them in a normal 8×8 baking dish. Fill liners with the extra super duper THICK brownie batter (i had to peel my batter off a spoon to put into each tin, as thick as cookie dough).




Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool ALL THE WAY before eating them. Trust me on this part.

 

1 comment:

  1. I have so many fun things to try when i get to Phase 4!

    ReplyDelete