Wednesday, November 25, 2009

sick

i don't feel well today... i can't stand feeling sick. i know that it will take a little time and i will start to feel better, but in all honesty, sometimes i just want to whine about it. instead, i will pray about it.

Dear Jesus, I have been feeling sick and even now feel tired and weak. Still, there are so many things to do and nobody but me to do them. If I stay in bed will You make me soup? Will You take care of my pets? Will you  go to my office and get my work done and write the checks that must be sent today?

Sometimes You do send me manna from heaven in the form of a friend. But when I must do for myself, give me strength to accomplish all that must be done: to cook so that I may eat, to pay bills, to do my job, to have patience with those around me.


Sometimes, at times like this that I feel so alone, so vulnerable and sometimes even frightened of the future. I feel lonely. But You have said You will be with me, You will not forget or forsake me. Will You wrap Your arms of love around me now and comfort me when I feel weak?



Also, my poor puppy Zeus is sick today. His stomach is upset and he is not eating. He is whining and crying and being very clingy. I do not know how to make him feel better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment