Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I lift my friend to You.... For A.C.

This has been on my mind for quite some time, but I haven't been able to put it into words here or anywhere. I've been struggling in my relationship with my best friend recently. I talked about him before, in another post here, how it's hard to talk about tough subjects with him because if you say something that he doesn't want to hear, he avoids you all together. Well, I don't know if he does that with everyone else or just me, but that's been my experience with him. 

So, we haven't really talked about things in detail, because he avoids it. But, I know that he's been making some lifestyle choices lately that are not consistent with his Christian faith. I don't want to say too much here because i don't know how to make these posts private and it's not something that i want to be public information. 

When I met him, he was such an inspiration to me. He was such an incredible man of God, someone who made me want to be a better person. He had such a kind, humble, servant's heart and he was so disciplined and honest, compassionate, gentle, and joyful. Everything about him... he was one of the best people I had ever met. In recent months though, things have changed.  I noticed these changes starting in July. He has become very secretive, not completely honest, and very concerned with himself. At times he is unkind, he is cold toward people that he used to care about (including me), and judgmental. It hurts me to say or think or feel these things about my best friend, but I am so very concerned for him. I can't talk to him about this because he either gets mad, pushes me away, or just blows me off. So, my only choice has been just to leave him alone and pray for him. He is going out and doing things that are not in line with our beliefs at all. I know that everyone does that sometimes, and i am definitely not pretending that I am without fault or that i don't sin. But, the things that he has been doing I fear are hard to recover from. He is sneaking around, not coming home for 3 or 4 nights in a row, and lying to those people whom he used to care about. 

I know that he is struggling with something very specific. He's making choices that he doesn't have to make. I don't want to say what it is in a public forum, but he definitely needs prayer. As a friend, I feel helpless when I realize that I can't do anything else for him but just pray.


Lord I lift my friend to You.

I've done all that I know to do. 
I lift my friend, to You. 
Complicated circumstances have clouded his view. 
Lord I lift my friend up to You. 

I fear that I won’t have the words that he needs to hear. 
I pray for Your wisdom , oh God and a heart that's sincere. 
And Lord I lift my friend up to You.

Lord I lift my friend to You. 
My best friend in the world, I know he means much more to You. 
I want so much to help him, but this is something he has to do.
Lord I lift my friend up to You. 

There's a way that seems so right to him. 
But You know where that leads. 
He's becoming a puppet of the world, too blind to see the strings. 
And Lord I lift my friend up to You. 

Lord I lift my friend to You. 
 I've done all that I know to do.
I lift my friend, to You.

Prayer for a Friend





No comments:

Post a Comment