My husband loves to go to a local bar every Saturday to watch his beloved Buckeyes play and I love to go with him. The bar we go to is FULL of other Ohio State fans. Of course, everyone is dressed head to toe in their scarlet and grey. This left me feeling the need to "blend in". Those of you who know me personally already know that I refuse to pay $30 for a shirt just because it has a team name on it. Here's my solution.
You Will Need:
- T-shirt (I found a boy's t-shirt at a thrift shop)
- Pair of scissors
1. Cut away the neck, cut off the sleeves, and trim off the seams at the bottom. For the sleeves, start at the shoulder (you decide how thick you want the strap to be) and cut straight into the chest area. Then curve. If you curve the whole way, it’s gonna look weird on.
2. Cut the back of the shirt into a racerback shape. Cut a deep V shape into the racerback.
3. Take the bottom edge of the shirt that you cut off and cut the seams off so that you’re just left with fabric.
4. Stretch it out.
5. About an inch or two above the bottom of the V tie a knot with one edge of the string.
6. Wind it around and around, then double knot it at the other end too. Cut off loose ends.
If you want to, you can pull at the fabric to make rough edges go curly and to make your tank longer.