Monday, September 10, 2012

DIY Ohio State Buckeyes Racerback Tank

My husband loves to go to a local bar every Saturday to watch his beloved Buckeyes play and I love to go with him. The bar we go to is FULL of other Ohio State fans. Of course, everyone is dressed head to toe in their scarlet and grey. This left me feeling the need to "blend in". Those of you who know me personally already know that I refuse to pay $30 for a shirt just because it has a team name on it. Here's my solution.



You Will Need:
- T-shirt (I found a boy's t-shirt at a thrift shop)
- Pair of scissors

How To:

1. Cut away the neck, cut off the sleeves, and trim off the seams at the bottom. For the sleeves, start at the shoulder (you decide how thick you want the strap to be) and cut straight into the chest area. Then curve. If you curve the whole way, it’s gonna look weird on.
2. Cut the back of the shirt into a racerback shape. Cut a deep V shape into the racerback.
3. Take the bottom edge of the shirt that you cut off and cut the seams off so that you’re just left with fabric.
4. Stretch it out.
5. About an inch or two above the bottom of the V tie a knot with one edge of the string.
6. Wind it around and around, then double knot it at the other end too. Cut off loose ends.

That's it!

If you want to, you can pull at the fabric to make rough edges go curly and to make your tank longer.

8 comments:

  1. Is this really that easy? Maybe you are just naturally good at it? It looks so cool but I am not sure I could do this and it not look like a hot mess!

    - Alison L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was super easy! if you want to try it, you're welcome to bring your shirt over to my place and i'll help :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, that sounds fun! I have a tee in mind, a vintage-looking UF tee I got freshman year but never wear cause it's a boy cut.

      I can just tell that this project may require supervision (of me). <3

      Delete
    3. of course, i would be happy to help!

      Delete
  2. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great.
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was not first article by this author as I always found him as a talented author.
    Mr Robot Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an extremely wonderful post. Thanks for providing this info.
    Michael B Jordan X Coach Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this. This is the simplest explanation I can understand given the tons of Explanation here. Elder Maxson Coat

    ReplyDelete