Monday, May 10, 2010

gone, gone, gone :(


 
on may 6th, very right after we got home from Key West, i found out that my Grandma Kit was in the Hospital in Mississippi. as far as i had known, she hadn't been sick. just like with my grandpa, this was a surprise. immediately, i got on a plane to fly there to be with her. Adam came with me, he was incredible. in my entire life, no one besides my parents has ever been there for me the way that he is, and really always had my back. it meant the world to me to have him there with me and that he got to meet my incredible grandmother (he wasn't so lucky with my grandpa who died suddenly February 28, 2010). so, there we were, in Mississippi, watching one of the 5 most loved people in my entire world die. it was heart wrenching. we sat there almost helpless by her side for 2 days. there were moments of laughter, when she was coherent she would wake up and say something sarcastic, as was her nature. God, i miss her. so, there it was, just like that. within 3 months, i had lost 2 grandparents--- 2 of the 5 people that i had always loved the most were gone, just like that, without warning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment